Landlord Gas Safety Certificate in Glasgow

Have you got a landlord gas safety certificate for your rental property in Glasgow?

As a landlord, the safety of your tenants is your responsibility and every year you will need to obtain a landlord gas safety certificate or CP12. Having an up-to-date landlord gas certificate in Scotland is a legal requirement for landlords, and it’s also essential to keep tenants and your property safe. At Integrated Compliance, we’re proud to provide a wide variety of landlord gas testing services, including:

– 24-hour emergency call outs
– Carbon monoxide tests
– Landlord care plans
– Annual reminders
– Landlord gas safety certificates
– Gas safety inspections
– and more!

Whether you have recently purchased a new property to rent out and need a full landlord gas testing service or your company has multiple properties in central Scotland which need gas servicing, we’re here to help.

Landlord gas certificates in Scotland

To obtain a landlord gas certificate in Glasgow, a registered provider like Integrated Compliance needs to complete a gas safety check, looking at the heating, chimneys, appliances, ventilation, boiler and safety devices in the property to make sure they are fully compliant. Our experienced team of gas technicians are all highly trained, authorised and approved to complete a full range of landlord gas testing services. We can carry out a range of safety tests to make sure your property is completely safe for tenants, and there is no risk of fire or damage. We can also provide 24-hour support for landlords in Glasgow, and our friendly team will be happy to help with any gas maintenance issues.

Call us today

Call Integrated Compliance today on 0141 432 0001 to arrange a landlord gas certificate inspection in Scotland or find out more about our gas safety solutions for landlords.

Call 0141 432 0001 now for your free no obligation quote or click the button for our contact information.

Get a quote

Are gas safety checks really important?

In Scotland, a large number of householders live in privately rented properties, a proportion which has increased dramatically over the past decade. In 2013, the estimated number of privately rented homes was in excess of 15 per cent of the total dwellings.

As a landlord, it is your moral and legal duty to ensure an annual inspection is carried out. You should also provide a CO (carbon monoxide) alarm in places where a gas appliance is located, according to amendments to the law in 2013. If you fail in your duty, you could be fined or imprisoned, and ultimately could be responsible for the death of your tenants.

Are you a tenant?

Are you a private tenant, or otherwise spending time in accommodation which you don’t own? Whether you’re renting a whole house, a room in a shared house or any type of holiday accommodation, the person who owns your accommodation should be carrying out a gas safety check and issuing a CP12 certificate each year.

The procedure of a gas safety check is quite simple. This does not form part of a property inspection, so there’s no reason to refuse access to our engineer, or otherwise make it hard for them to do their job. If you do, you could be putting yourself and your family at risk.

When you have a gas safety check, the engineer will be looking at:

  • Whether the boiler is safe to use
  • If there are any harmful fumes leaking from the flue, boiler or other appliance
  • Pressure checks, to ensure your appliances are safe to use
  • Security of the gas supply at your meter

The engineer will check all appliances and connections that belong to the owner of the property. They will not, however, check anything that you own. If you use a room heater or other appliance that you have brought into the property, so you are encouraged to make your own arrangements to have these checked for safety.


How do I interpret legionella test results?

Consider what the results mean in the context of your water system. Your subsequent specific actions will depend on your risk assessment. Further information about what action to take when certain levels of legionella are identified can be found in HSG274 Part 1 (paras 1.114 – 1.129 and table 1.10) for evaporative cooling systems ; and HSG274 Part 2 (paras 2.119 – 2.125 and table 2.2) for hot and cold water systems.

find out more

join our newsletter

keep up with our latest news & services

How would you prefer to be contacted?*