Call 0141 432 0001 now for your free no obligation quote or click the button for our contact information.
Legionella Risk Assessments
The benchmark for any Water Hygiene Compliance regime is the Risk Assessment. The Risk Assessment provides you with the control scheme you have to adopt to comply with ACoP L8 and HSG274 and also the remedial works that have to be done to comply with Water By-Laws, and to manage the risk from exposure to legionella bacteria.
Integrated Compliance can carry out the necessary legionella risk assessment and implementing suitable legionella control programmes where required. ACoP L8 stipulates the following:
- Identification and assessment of all sources of legionella risk, carried out in accordance with BS 8580-1:2019 – Water-quality Risk Assessment for Legionella control
- Preparation of a written legionella control scheme
- Appointment of a responsible person to implement and manage the scheme
- Keeping appropriate records
- Our Legionella Risk Assessors are competent City & Guilds qualified engineers, with a detailed knowledge of domestic water systems, able to quickly identify the conditions that can lead to an outbreak of Legionella.
We are also registered with the Legionella Control Association (LCA), to find out more about the LCA and view our certificate, click here
What does a legionella risk assessment cover?
- Physical aspects of a system that may require remedial action
- The effectiveness of any legionella precautions currently being applied
- Advice on pre-treatment equipment and any dosing equipment already used
- Independent assessment of the monitoring and testing regime in place
- Thorough evaluation of records and analysis
- Overview of the composition of water in the system
Our Risk Assessment consultant will carry out an extensive survey of your building. All parts of the water system that stores and distributes or equipment that acts as a means of transmitting water droplets will be assessed. This may include:
- Cold Water Storage Tanks
- Hot and cold water systems
- Condition of Distribution system
- Cooling tower systems
- Evaporative condensers
- Spray humidifiers and air washers
- Spa baths and pools
- Firefighting systems.
On completion of the site survey, we will provide you with a comprehensive legionella risk assessment report which covers the following:
- Site details
- Actions requiring immediate attention
- Description of premises
- Remedial Action plan
- Risk assessment scoring matrix
- Written Control Scheme
- Schematic Diagram
Do I have to use a Gas Safe registered engineer to complete gas work?
Anyone employed to work on gas appliances in domestic premises must be a Gas Safe registered engineer and competent in that area of gas work. The gas engineer’s competencies are clearly marked on the back of the engineer’s Gas Safe Register ID card. If in any doubt you can ring Gas Safe Register 0800 408 5500 or check their website to see if the engineer is registered.find out more